Class 2 – 2 Axle Truck

Trainees must first have a “2L” licence, which they can obtain at any driver licensing agent by presenting a medical certificate and completing a theory test.  A separate charge payable to the licensing agency is applicable for this.

We can also offer Learner Course Tuition which includes the medical certificate, study, and NZTA Certification.

Our CLASS 2 course includes the following:

  • 1-2 day theory covering:
  • Managing Fatigue & Logbook law (Unit Standard 24089)
  • Start up and Shut down
  • Introduction to Stress & Fatigue
  • Road Signs

1-2 hour Practical assessment (Unit Standard 17574)

Upon completion of the course trainees will receive an official Land Transport NZ certificate which they will need to take to any motor vehicle licensing agent, eg; AA or VTNZ, for the endorsement to be applied to their drivers licence.  This will be at a seperate cost payable to the licensing agent.


WINZ Quotations can be provided on request.  Please contact our office with your details and the details of your WINZ branch and case manager.

More information can also be found on the following Land Transport NZ website links: